7. I was valedictorian of my graduating high school class.
8. My graduating high school high school class consisted for two people, myself included. The other boy was addicted to his ADD medicine and rarely left his tent. This is us: And this is us:
9. These guys were my high school teachers:
So were they (Halloween, of course):
9. My sister is an actual rock star!
10. Kayaking is a lot of fun. But talking about kayaking, watching kayaking videos, making kayaking videos, watching other people's unedited kayak footage, reading about kayaking and talking about people in the kayaking world who I don't even know....make me want to drive a screwdriver into my temple. (Ditto for ultimate, although it wasn't always this way.)
11. Two time I have lost in the finals of nationals (for ultimate frisbee) twice. Two times I have won in ultimate nationals. I won both titles when I was a coach, not a player. (They say those who can't do teach....come to think of it, I teach creative writing to high schoolers. Hmmm...)
12. In the summer of 2007 I discovered my recently ex-boyfriend had been seriously dating another girl for the entire time we'd been together. When I told my friend Sarah, she got very mad and peed in the back of his truck as revenge. It stands out to me as one of the best things a friend has ever done for me. My ex boyfriend and his girlfriend are still together, which is okay. Shortly afterward Sarah was diagnosed with brain cancer and died, which is by no means okay.