Friday, February 18, 2011

Dangerous girls (and the men who want them)

I really was in love with him, but it was never going to work out, because he was a wildebeest. Mamma always said Date Within Your Species, but the heart wants what it wants.

Besides, I'm sick of all these macho pretty girls and their trophy boyfriends strutting around the rock gym. Is this how we're keeping score now? Someday soon I'm going to hang by my knees from the ceiling and shout "Hey! You down there!  How many world record holders have YOU slept with?.....Yeah, that's what I thought!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Melina... thats not what its about. Shout instead... "Hey you down there, are you happy?" wonder if you are, what makes you happy, and realize all the world record holders can't make you happy. Only you can do that.

dig this chick said...

Ah the macho pretty girls. I lived in Jackson, WY for a few years. I was 22-23 and there to ski. I lived in a one bedroom apartment with no doors and three men (one was Andy). Ah! I could never do that now. Anyway, I KNOW macho pretty girls.

They about did me in. You keep it real up there, hanging by your knees. They are inspired by your confidence, realness and not perishing if you couldn't climb because you could also read a book.

Melina said...

Dig- awesome. "I know the macho pretty girls....they about did me in."

May I use it as the title for my book of essays, or perhaps just an essay? It's so good....

And anon, very true, however, as Dig says, sometimes it's good to keep it real...